Cheap Istanbul New Airport Flights
Cheap Flights From Istanbul New Airport
About Istanbul New Airport
Istanbul Airport is the largest airport in Turkey and one of the most important air transport hubs in the world. This modern structure, which opened in 2018, reflects Turkey's strategic position connecting the continents of Europe and Asia. According to 2022 data, Istanbul Airport serves approximately 90 million passengers annually. This figure can reach up to 200 million when the airport operates at full capacity.
Various options are available for transportation to the airport. Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality's IETT buses, HAVAIST shuttle services, and taxi services operate 24 hours a day. In addition, the Gayrettepe-Istanbul Airport Metro Line, which provides direct connection to the airport, started service on January 20, 2023.
Istanbul Airport offers services to meet every need of passengers. Hundreds of shops, restaurants, and cafes offer a wide range of options for shopping and dining. There are also various facilities such as VIP services, pre- and post-flight relaxation areas, children's play areas, worship areas, and fast track services. Istanbul Airport serves as a showcase presenting Turkey's advanced technology and excellent service understanding to the world.
Transportation from City Center to Airport
Istanbul New Airport
Reaching Istanbul New Airport from Istanbul city center is quite straightforward with various transportation options available. Located approximately 45 km from the city center, this airport is situated in the Arnavutköy district, close to the coast of the Black Sea.
IETT and HAVAIST buses are commonly preferred modes of transportation between the city center and the airport. Additionally, with the M11 metro line connecting Gayrettepe to Istanbul New Airport, one can also enjoy a fast and comfortable subway journey. Private transfer services or traveling with your own car are other available alternatives. However, to prevent potential delays, it's essential to set out for the airport about 3.5 to 4.5 hours before your flight time.
From the enchanting streets of Istanbul to the ultra-modern Istanbul Airport, HAVAIST buses are the ideal choice for those who want to reach. With these buses, you can comfortably travel to the airport from all over the city.
HAVAIST buses operate 24 hours a day from different parts of Istanbul to the airport. The average journey time is about 100 minutes, depending on the traffic situation.
Here are the HAVAIST routes:
HVİST-5 – Esenler Bus Station to Istanbul Airport (Travel Time: 60 minutes)
Route: Esenler Bus Station → Otogar Road → Hasdal → Istanbul Airport.
HVİST-6 – Halkalı to Istanbul Airport (Travel Time: 60 minutes)
Route: Halkalı Station → Housing Unity → Çimentepe → Arenapark → Başakşehir Metrokent → Istanbul Airport.
HVİST-7 – Beylikdüzü to Istanbul Airport (Travel Time: 75 minutes)
Route: Beylikdüzü Marmarapark Mall → TÜYAP → Büyükçekmece → Tepecik → Çatalca State Hospital → Istanbul Airport.
HVİST-8 – Avcılar to Istanbul Airport (Travel Time: 100 minutes)
Route: Avcılar Mosque → Haramidere → Bahçeşehir Center → Ispartakule → Istanbul Airport.
HVİST-9 – Kadıköy to Istanbul Airport (Travel Time: 100 minutes)
Route: Kadıköy → Acıbadem Metro → Yenisahra → Tepeüstü → Istanbul Airport.
HVİST-10 – Pendik to Istanbul Airport (Travel Time: 110 minutes)
Route: Pendik High-Speed Train Station → Tavşantepe Metro → Sabiha Gökçen Airport → Istanbul Airport.
HVİST-13 – Bakırköy to Istanbul Airport (Travel Time: 90 minutes)
Route: Bakırköy IDO Pier → Ataköy → Şirinevler → Istanbul Airport.
HVİST-14 – Taksim to Istanbul Airport (Travel Time: 90 minutes)
Route: Taksim → Beşiktaş Pier → Zincirlikuyu Metrobus → 4th Levent → Istanbul Airport.
HVİST-15 – Yenikapı to Istanbul Airport (Travel Time: 100 minutes)
Route: Yenikapı Coast → Yenikapı Marmaray → Aksaray → Ulubatlı → Istanbul Airport.
Istanbul, with its dynamic structure and dense population, is Turkey's largest metropolis. In this vast city, it's crucial to have easy and quick access to Istanbul Airport. To address this need, the Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality has arranged bus routes with IETT buses to various destinations. These bus lines provide a great convenience for citizens traveling by air, allowing them to reach the airport comfortably without getting stuck in traffic.
Here are the bus lines offered by IETT for transportation to Istanbul Airport and their routes:
H-1 Mahmutbey Metro - Istanbul Airport:
- Route: Mahmutbey Metro, Karacaoğlan İÖO, İnönü Cad, Halkalı Cad, Pirireis, 15 Temmuz Mah, Sanayi Mah, İkitelli Bridge, Istanbul Airport, Airport Taxi Cooperative, VIP Terminal, Provincial Administration, Police.
H-2 Mecidiyeköy - Istanbul Airport:
- Route: Mecidiyeköy Metrobus, Çağlayan Road, Nurtepe Viaduct, Highways 1st Region Directorate, Hasdal, Kemer Road, Forest Road, Shore Safety, Istanbul Airport, Airport Taxi Cooperative, VIP Terminal, Provincial Administration, Police.
H-3 Halkalı Marmaray - Istanbul Airport:
- Route: Gümrük, Halkalı Marmaray, Gültepe District, Lake Residences, Bezirganbahçe TOKI, TOKI Residences, Station Neighborhood Headman, Sakarya Street, European Residences 3, Halkalı Police Station, Halkalı Park, Big Ali Street, Sunpark Houses, Halkalı Road, İkitelli Street, Atatürk District, İkitelli Garage, İmsan, MASKO 2, MASKO 1, Ironworkers Site, Istanbul Airport, Airport Taxi Cooperative, VIP Terminal, Provincial Administration, Police.
H-6 Yunus Emre Neighborhood - Istanbul Airport:
- Route: Yunus Emre Neighborhood, Salt Depot, Mimar Sinan Boulevard, Public Bread Factory, Government Mansion, Hacı Mehmet Cingil Middle School, Beneficial Mosque, Mescid-i Selam, Mescid-i Selam Mosque, Habibler District, Habipler, Tepeüstü, Esen Garden, Arnvutköy Road, Sıncanlar, Fenertepe Road, Lantern Hill, Kayabaşı Road, Forest Enterprise, Balcılar, Pine Grove, Road Maintenance, Boğazköy Road, A.Village State Hospital, Fatih Street, Gaziosmanpaşa Street, Necip Fazıl Street, Arnavutköy, Redif Street, Osmangazi Street, C.Reşit Rey İÖO, Kozlar, Hazreti Ömer Mosque, Kiptaş Residences, Arnavutköy Municipality, Taşoluk Green Mosque, Taşoluk Road, Hasan Tahsin Street, Y.Selim District, Çardaktepe, Rose Street, Ottoman Mansions, Sancaktepe, Taşoluk Municipality, Çangalçeşme Road, Pine Grove District, Terkos Road, Pine Hill, Picnic Area, Istanbul Airport, Airport Taxi Cooperative, VIP Terminal, Provincial Administration, Police.
H-8 Hacıosman/Sarıyer - Istanbul Airport:
- Route: Hacıosman, H.Osman Bayırı St, Sarıyer, Yusuf Ziya Stadium, Hüseyin Kalkavan High School, Cornerstone, Mine Kocataş, Mine District, Above Mine, Acarlar, Blacksmith Fountain, Gürgensu Site, Blacksmith Hill, Zekeriyaköy Transformer, Bahçeköy Road, Zekeriyaköy Road, Iron Village Road, Forest Estate, Northern Mansions, G.Valley Nursery, Green Valley, Mackerel Village Road, Martyrdom, Lion Nursery, Kilyos Cemetery, Istanbul Airport, Airport Taxi Cooperative, VIP Terminal, Provincial Administration, Police.
Renting a car in Istanbul's city center is a particularly practical option for businessmen. The freedom to move according to your own schedule provides flexibility, making it easier to reach your meetings and events in the city.
Once you've wrapped up your business in Istanbul, you can set out for Istanbul Airport. Typically, rented cars can be returned at designated drop-off points at the airport. However, to ensure a timely and hassle-free return, it's advisable to allocate sufficient time before your flight.
Traveling from Istanbul's bustling and dynamic city center to the new Istanbul Airport by private car is quite straightforward. You can directly access the airport using main arteries such as the D-20 Highway and the Northern Marmara Motorway. Thanks to the conveniences provided by modern navigation systems, you can set your route and reach the airport as quickly as possible depending on the traffic conditions.
The parking services offered by Istanbul Airport are also quite impressive. This vast airport has a total parking capacity for 40,000 vehicles. The car park is user-friendly and is divided into five different blocks. These blocks are named according to their colors: Green, Blue, Turquoise, Red, and Yellow Parking. Each parking block has a different number of floors, with the green and red parking lots notably having seven floors, while the yellow parking lot consists of three floors. Whether you have short-term or long-term parking needs, you can take advantage of the vast parking facilities of the airport. Benefits such as the up to 15 days of free parking service offered specifically for disabled individuals reflect the guest-focused service approach of Istanbul Airport.
For those looking to travel from Istanbul city center to Istanbul Airport, a private transfer is a comfortable and convenient solution. With this service, you can easily reach the airport directly from your chosen address.
Private transfers select the best route considering the city traffic. Thus, with a vehicle waiting for you exactly when and where you want, it offers a swift and comfortable travel experience.
Taking a taxi from the bustling streets of Istanbul to Istanbul Airport offers a quick and direct option. Hailing a cab from the city center can save you extra time before your flight.
When traveling by taxi, routes often follow main arteries and highways, potentially shortening travel time depending on traffic. Especially during peak hours or significant events, pre-arranging your taxi ensures timely arrival at the airport and prevents unexpected delays.
Transportation from Airport to City Center
Istanbul New Airport
Located in the northwest of Istanbul, in the Arnavutköy district, the Istanbul New Airport stands out with its modern architecture and vast capacity. With a current capacity to accommodate 90 million passengers annually, the airport aims to double this number, planning to serve up to 200 million passengers in the future. Turkish Airlines conducts a significant portion of the total flights at the airport, while it also serves as a transit and destination point for various airlines from Europe and Asia.
The airport is 40 km away from one of Istanbul's most renowned areas, Taksim, and 49 km from Sultanahmet. You can cover this distance in approximately 50 minutes by private vehicle. Thanks to the direct connection via the D20 highway, reaching the city center is quite easy and fast.
There are numerous transportation options from the airport to the city center for passengers. Buses operated by IBB Bus Co. and HAVAIST buses offer both economical and swift choices. All these alternatives enable easy access to different parts of the city. However, passengers wishing to use public transportation need to have an Istanbul Card.
On the other hand, taxis or private transfer services can provide direct transportation to a hotel or a desired point in the city center. These methods are especially ideal for those with lots of luggage or those who wish to quickly reach a specific area.
Reaching the city from Istanbul's new airport has become much easier with the HAVAIST bus service. These buses offer various routes to many main areas of the city.
Passengers can make payments directly inside the bus using a credit or bank card. Alternatively, there is an option for secure online payment via the website or mobile app. After payment, passengers can complete their transactions by scanning the received QR code on the device inside the bus.
HAVAIST buses provide efficient access to Istanbul's new airport with nine different routes from HVİST-5 to HVİST-15. Depending on city traffic, the average travel time of these routes is approximately 100 minutes.
These buses operate round the clock in both directions, ensuring passengers find a suitable travel time regardless of their flight details. For current bus hours, stops, and departure times, you can visit the hava.ist website.
HVİST-5 – Istanbul Airport - Esenler Bus Terminal (Journey Time: 60 minutes)
Route: Istanbul Airport → Hasdal → Bus Terminal Road → Esenler Bus Terminal.
HVİST-6 – Istanbul Airport - Halkalı - Başakşehir (Journey Time: 60 minutes)
Route: Istanbul Airport → Başakşehir Metrokent → Demirciler Sitesi (Mall Off) → Atatürk District (Arenapark) → Çimentepe → Kanuni S.S.H. Entrance → Housing Cooperative → Halkalı Station.
HVİST-7 – Istanbul Airport - Beylikdüzü - Çatalca (Journey Time: 75 minutes)
Route: Istanbul Airport → Çatalca State Hospital → Tepecik → Büyükçekmece → TÜYAP → Cumhuriyet District → Beylikdüzü Marmarapark Mall.
HVİST-8 – Istanbul Airport - Avcılar - Bahçeşehir (Journey Time: 100 minutes)
Route: Istanbul Airport → Ispartakule Buildings → Bahçeşehir Center → Haramidere Industrial Estate (Torium) → Avcılar Mosque.
HVİST-9 – Istanbul Airport - Kadıköy - Tepeüstü (Journey Time: 100 minutes)
Route: Istanbul Airport → Kavacik Bridge → Tepeüstü → Yenisahra → Acıbadem Metro → Kadıköy.
HVİST-10 – Istanbul Airport - Pendik - Sabiha Gökçen Airport (Journey Time: 110 minutes)
Route: Istanbul Airport → Sabiha Gökçen Airport → Tavşantepe Metro → Pendik YHT Station.
HVİST-13 – Istanbul Airport - Bakırköy - Yenibosna (Journey Time: 90 minutes)
Route: Istanbul Airport → Kuleli → Şirinevler → Ataköy 3rd Section → Bakırköy IDO Pier.
HVİST-14 – Istanbul Airport - Taksim - Beşiktaş (Journey Time: 90 minutes)
Route: Istanbul Airport → 4.Levent → Zincirlikuyu Metrobus → Beşiktaş Pier → Taksim.
HVİST-15 – Istanbul Airport - Yenikapı - Aksaray (Journey Time: 100 minutes)
Route: Istanbul Airport → Nurtepe Viaduct → Ayvansaray → Ulubatlı → Aksaray → Yenikapı Marmaray → Yenikapı Coast.
Istanbul New Airport provides easy access to different parts of the city. The IETT municipal buses regularly service from the airport to various destinations in the city, such as Mahmutbey, Mecidiyekoy, Halkalı, Arnavutköy, Alibeyköy, Hacıosman, and Cevizlibağ. Buses are located at the exit of the airport's arrivals floor. However, it should be noted that there is no direct transportation to popular tourist areas such as Beşiktaş, Taksim, and Sultanahmet by these buses.
From Istanbul New Airport, there are bus routes H1, H2, H3, H6, H8, and H9 that you can use to reach specific points in the city. For example, the H1 bus line services between the Airport and Mahmutbey Metro, the H2 bus line between the Airport and Mecidiyeköy, and the H3 bus line between the Airport and Halkalı. When planning your trip, it would be beneficial to consider the routes and departure times of the buses.
H1 – Airport – Mahmutbey Metro
- Route: Airport, İkitelli Bridge, Sanayi District, July 15 District, Pirireis, Halkalı Street, İnönü Street, Karacaoğlan Primary School, Mahmutbey Metro.
H2 – Airport – Mecidiyeköy
- Route: Airport, Kıyı Safety, Hasdal, Highways 1st Regional Directorate, Disaster Coordination Center, Nurtepe Viaduct, Çağlayan Road, Mecidiyeköy Metrobus.
H3 – Airport – Halkalı
- Route: Airport, Ironworkers Site, Masko 1, Masko 2, İmsan, IETT İkitelli Garage, Atatürk District, İkitelli Street, Halkalı Road, Güneşpark Residences, Koca Ali Street, Halkalı Park, Halkalı Police Station, Europe Residences 3, Sakarya Street, Station District Mukhtarlık, Toki Residences, Bezirganbahçe Toki, Lake Residences, Gültepe District, Halkalı Marmaray, Customs.
H6 – Airport – Mescid-i Selam/Arnavutköy
- Route: Airport, Picnic Area, Çamlıktepe, Terkos Road, Çamlık District, Çangalçeşme Road, Taşoluk Municipality, Sancaktepe, Ottoman Mansions, Nargül Street, Çardaktepe, Y. Selim District, Hasan Tahsin Street, Taşoluk Road, Taşoluk Green Mosque, Arnavutköy Municipality, Kiptaş Residences, Hz. Ömer Mosque, Kozlar, Cemal Reşit Rey Primary School, Osmangazi Street, Redif Street, Arnavutköy, Nezip Fazıl Street, Gaziosmanpaşa Street, Fatih Street, Arnavutköy State Hospital, Boğazköy Road, Road Maintenance, Çamlık, Balcılar, Forest Management, Kayabaşı Road, Fener Hill, Fener Hill Road, Sincanlar, Arnavutköy Road, Tepeüstü, Habibler, Mescid-i Selam Mosque, Mescid-i Selam, Hayırlıoğlu Mosque, Government Mansion, Public Bread Factory, Mimar Sinan Boulevard, Salt Storage, Yunus Emre District.
H8 – Airport – Hacıosman/Sarıyer
- Route: Airport, Kilyos Cemetery, Aslan Nursery, Uskumruköy Road/Cemetery, Green Valley, Green Valley Nursery, North Mansions, Ormanada, Demirciköy Road, Zekeriyaköy, Sümerler, Darüşşafaka, İnşirah Mosque, Büyükdere Street, Çayırbaşı Street, Maslak Station, İTÜ ARI Technocity, Maslak, İzzetpaşa, Atatürk Auto Industry, Atatürk Auto Industry 1, Şişli Etfal Hospital, Mecidiyeköy, Darüşşafaka, Security Houses, Hacıosman.
You can opt for the M11 / U1 & U2 Metro Line to travel from Istanbul Airport to the city center. This line serves a route of approximately 69 km, stretching between Gayrettepe and Halkalı, passing through Istanbul Airport. However, the direction towards Halkalı is not yet in operation. On your journey from Istanbul Airport to Gayrettepe using the M11 line, the stops you will encounter are: Istanbul Airport, Terminal 2, İhsaniye, Göktürk, Kemerburgaz, Hasdal, Kâğıthane, and finally, Gayrettepe.
From the Gayrettepe stop, you can transfer to various other metro lines to reach different parts of Istanbul. Specifically, by using the M2 line from Gayrettepe, you can easily get to central locations like Taksim, Şişhane, or Vezneciler.
Renting a car from the Istanbul New Airport to explore the city is a preferred mode of transportation, offering both flexibility and freedom. This vast airport hosts a myriad of both national and international car rental companies, ensuring visitors can easily find a vehicle to suit their needs.
In the arrival terminal of the airport, you can find both international and local car rental firms such as Sixt, Green Motion, Avis, Budget, Central, Hertz, Alamo, Enterprise, Dokay, Garenta, Europcar, Goldcar, Avec, Payless, Ülger Rent a Car, Comet, Euronet, Çizgi Rent a Car, and Lux Rent a Car. By making an online reservation, you can secure your desired vehicle in advance and hit the road as soon as you arrive at the airport. This way, you can explore the unique beauties of Istanbul at your own pace.
For those wishing to travel from Istanbul Airport to the city center, a private transfer is an ideal choice for those seeking comfort and speed. Before starting your journey, you'll be greeted at the airport by a professional driver ready to serve you. Once you step into your air-conditioned private vehicle, you'll quickly make your way to the heart of the city, completing your trip without interruptions.
For transportation to Istanbul's historical and tourist areas like Sultanahmet, Sirkeci, Taksim, Laleli, and Beşiktaş, there are online transfer services available around the clock. You can easily make a reservation online from popular transfer companies such as Efendi Travel, Shuttle Direct, Tranigo, Flamenco Travel, City Transfer Istanbul, Metro Transfer, and Quick Shuttle. With this, you can prepare a comfortable travel plan without worrying about Istanbul's hustle and bustle or its traffic.
Taxis are the ideal choice for those who want a quick journey from Istanbul Airport to the city. It is quite easy to access taxis that serve continuously at the domestic and international arrivals sections of the airport, every day and hour of the week.
Due to Istanbul's dynamic nature, the city's traffic density and distances can vary. However, it is easy to travel by taxi from the airport to central districts such as Avcılar, Başakşehir, Beşiktaş, Beyoğlu, Şişli, Kadıköy, and Üsküdar. If you want to decide which type of taxi you need for your journey, there are three different taxi options available: yellow, turquoise, and black.
Yellow Taxis: These taxis are the most commonly used taxis in Istanbul and generally provide service at economical prices. They are the taxis we most frequently encounter in daily life.
Turquoise (Blue) Taxis: Turquoise taxis consist of newer and more comfortable vehicles compared to yellow taxis. In terms of pricing, they are about 15% more expensive than yellow taxis. They might have a more spacious and comfortable interior.
Black Taxis: Referred to as VIP, these taxis consist of luxury vehicles and stand out with their level of comfort and service. In terms of pricing, they can be twice as expensive as yellow taxis. They are ideal for business trips or passengers with special service expectations.